Members: Sign in to access: Transcript | Resources | Commentary
| Chat messages | Audio | Episode Chatbot
Summary & Commentary
Alison Bukowski and I took multiple courses, both of Kevin Lau’s courses (Masters & Frameworks Micro Course) and Leslie Barrett’s ROI of Customer Marketing & Advocacy.
In addition, Alison took the ICCAP certification.
All of the courses were recommended.
Alison said she learned from the ICCAP certification even though she’s been doing this for years. There was a lot of content to go through for that course.
I liked Leslie’s course specifically because it goes in depth on metrics and showing ROI, there’s no fluff, it’s very pointed and can be done in 45 mins or less, plus the spreadsheet is super helpful (again I was given access to this as a beta tester).
I enjoyed both of Kevin’s courses, I would recommend the micro course before the full Masters course.
- Mary mentioned the Captivate Collective certification that was held in Boston, and it was the first time they did a certification workshop in person.
- Mary mentioned that Captivate Collective offers a lot of educational resources and modules for advocacy professionals.
- Alison Bukowski mentioned taking a certification course through Influitive years ago.
- Mary Green mentioned the Institute for Certified Advocacy Enhancement Professionals (ICCAP).
- Mary Green talked about the importance of a common language in the industry and how certifications can contribute to that.
- Mary Green admitted that she had to study for Kevin Lau’s Masters certification exam and the practice test was challenging but reflected the quality of the content.
- Mary Green appreciated the structure of the certification modules and advised paying attention to the self assessments.
- Alison Bukowski expressed interest in the various certifications and noted that she has seen more people discussing them and adding them to their LinkedIn profiles.